Museums Featuring Chris Cook
- The Jubilee Museum: Columbus, Ohio
- Georgia Writers Museum: Eatonton, Georgia
- Callanwolde Fine Arts Center, Atlanta, Georgia
- Juried Show: Mardi Gras for the Arts, Atlanta, Georgia
- Juried Show: The Georgia Artist Show, Atlanta, Georgia
- Master & Pupil Show: The Conyers-Rockdale Artist Guild
- Mother & Son: Watkinsville, Georgia
- Cook Family Show: The Olde Town Gallery
- Juried Show: The Madison-Morgan Cultural Center: Heritage, Natural & Cultural. Madison, Georgia
- Solo Exhibit: The Madison Artist Guild, First Friday Show, Madison, Georgia
- The Ritz Theater: The Golden Isle Art & Humanities, Brunswick, Georgia, Solo Exhibit, August 3 - September 30, 2012
- FARM Exhibit: Madison-Morgan Cultural Center, Madison, Georgia, September 5, 2014 - January 4, 2015
- HOME Exhibit: Madison-Morgan Cultural Center, Madison, Georgia, January 23 - May 3, 2015
- Shine A Light, Spiritual Paintings of Chris Cook, Solo Exhibit at the Steffen Thomas Museum of Art, March 11 - April 23, 2016
- Ever Time I Feel The Spirit, Spiritual Paintings of Chris Cook, Solo Exhibit at the Madison African-American Museum of Art, October 8 - December 28, 2016
- Face to Face, Portraits of the Infamous by Chris Cook, Solo Exhibit at the Colonial, Madison, Georgia from May 4th - May 7th - 2017.
- Time Capsule - Art Exhibit, Landscapes Paintings by Chris Cook, Solo Exhibition in Elberton, GA - Summer of 2017
- Inner Bean - Solo Exhibit in Augusta, GA - Summer 0f 2018
- Faces in Time - Portraits of Famous Faces at the Steffen Thomas Museum in Madison, GA - January 31 - March 30, 2019
- Connexus - African American Portraits at the Madison Morgan Cultural Center in Madison, GA - February 8 - May 5, 2019
CURATOR STATEMENT FROM THE SHINE-A-LIGHT SHOW:
Shine a Light
Spiritual Paintings by Chris Cook
This exhibition was at once a pleasure and a challenge to curate. It’s not often one has the luxury of having an extensive body of work created within the boundaries of a particular theme from which to choose a balanced, cohesive collection.
In this instance, Chris Cook’s passion for his subject and his prodigious painting regimen rewarded us with ample examples to build this colorful and intriguing show. The exhibit features an inspiring collection of religiously themed works that are both visually and intellectually stimulating. Many of them will invoke strong feelings and perhaps challenge the viewer to look more deeply into the work and the soul.
The timing of this exhibition purposely coincides with the Lenten season as Christians around the world celebrate the resurrection of their Savior. The paintings explore a variety of painting techniques and give voice to the artist's deep feelings toward his subject.
Displayed aiongside Cook’s paintings is a carefully selected collection of Steffen Thomas sculptural works of a similar theme. Religion, spiritualism and philosophy were recurring inspirations for Thomas’s works and those selected for this exhibit fit seamlessly with the glorious paintings created by Cook.
It is my hope that you will enjoy this exhibition. The Steffen Thomas Museum of Art is pleased to share these exceptional works of art created by two exceptional artists blessed with an extraordinary talent.